Precious Knowledge: Fighting for Mexican American Studies

This documentary was great! I was legit lost for words at the fact that these students had to fight in order to save their program. The fact that legislation in Arizona passed a bill to try and get rid of ethic studies classes is sicking, I believe that they are more important things to focus on, like health care or poverty instead of legisistures trying to control what is being taught in classrooms. It's sad how latinos  are always trying to get removed/dismissed in society. I don't understand what is so wrong about an ethic studies class that legislatures want to abolish them. The students in the short film were brave and I'm so proud that they stood up for what they believe in, because classes/programs like these are our future especially since the latin community continues to grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Homeland, Aztlan/ElOtro Mexcio"

How can Latinx Studies be better?

Refugees or Economic Immigrants? Maria C Garcia